Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm worried about my son, is he alright?

My son seem to be really worried if he can get into his favorite college UT Austin...Can he make it?

With a 3.56 GPA

Hes taken atleast 5 AP Classes

Three Sport Athlete(Track, Football, and Basketball)

President of Student Problems Association

Vice-President of Community Service Council

-Cornerstone Scholar Athlete Award

-Congressional Student Leadership Conference of Medicine %26amp; Healthcare

-National Youth Leadership Forum On Medicine (Experientia Docet)

-The National Society of High School Scholars

-Art National Honor Society

-And 200 Hospital Community Service Hours

His High School is very hard like ranked 13th in the nation...what do you recommend

He wants to be a Dentist or Dermatologist

Hes taking the SAT in October

He's not top 10 percent tho and hes disappointed

What college do you suggest?I'm worried about my son, is he alright?
Apply for high end colleges is a funny business. I would wait until he takes his SATs and apply. I would also suggest he apply to a couple of alternative colleges as a fall back.

It really depends on how many people apply toward acceptance to the college in question and the quality of the applicants. I would think he's okay, but I know that there is no such thing a sure thing.

Best of luck......I'm worried about my son, is he alright?
......



...................



..................................



What's the problem now?



That's alot of achievement and i am assuming he's going to be a junior or senior this year?



If he wants to be a dentist or Dermatologist, apply to the school of his choice and whatever good schools are in your area or whatever he wants as well.



With all those grade/achievements he should have no problems in getting into the school of his choice.



Tell him to take it easy, he's only a kid once, don't stress out for not being in the 10 percentile, he's more then smart enough.I'm worried about my son, is he alright?
looks good to me. i've got two kids in college now and they looked about like that. got accepted to all their choices.
If possible I would have him visit the school and meet with people in admissions and the department where he wants to study. If he has to write an essay it is always good to have someone that really shows they are interested in the school. Part of the selection process in most programs are subjective. If a student puts out a lot of effort getting trying to get into a school it will show. Admissions wants to let people in that really want to attend their school. It will increase their acceptance rate and they will have happy students.

No comments:

Post a Comment