Saturday, January 14, 2012

Re-po: What do you think of this *unusual* boy name?

Thierry [tee-AIR-ree] or [TYAIR-ee]



It's French and Germanic in origin and is most commonly association with Thierry Henry, the French football [soccer] player.



I'm not using it for anything, I'm just curious. Feel free to be honest, but don't be rude please. Thanks in advance!



Note: even if I did use this name, Thierry Henry is well known enough in my area that it wouldn't be mispronounced.Re-po: What do you think of this *unusual* boy name?
As you indicate you have the best idea how the name would be received locally and I think that is quite important for the child who has to live with it.



It is an OK name, Monsieur 'Enry wears it well but he has the accent and the je ne sais quoi to pull it off. My husband, who follows a competing football team, sometimes uses the dismissive 'Terry Henry' to be derogatory.



Personally I avoid names that have a clear connection to celebrities and sports stars as I imagine it would be a bit annoying to be in ones twenties and saying yes yes the same as that footballer from 20 years ago...Re-po: What do you think of this *unusual* boy name?
It sounds kind of feminine to me.Re-po: What do you think of this *unusual* boy name?
Any name that ends in Y is ALWAYS for a girl!



Yes, it is, and a pretty one at that. : )
  • international trucks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment